CRCA & NYSBRA ANNOUNCE $1,000 GRANT PROGRAM FOR ELITE RIDERS AT BEAR MOUNTAIN
Elite Category 1 Men, Women and U23 Riders Eligible for Free Entry and Travel expenses
CRCA and NYSBRA are pleased to announce a new $1,000 Elite Rider Grant Program for the 2012 New York State Road Race Championship at the Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation. The goal of the program is to insure that New York State’s Elite Men, Women and U23 Riders are able to attend the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation and compete for the State Championship.
To that end, the top ranked riders in those categories based on USAC rankings as of April 28th will be eligible for free entry into the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation. In addition, those riders who must travel more than two hours to the race site are eligible for additional travel stipend.
The details of the grant program are included below. We hope this program insures that New York State’s elite riders are in attendance at the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation and competing for the 2012 New York State Road Race Championship.
For more information on the Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation please visit: http://archive.crca.net/racing/open/bear-mountain-spring/. All questions on the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring Classic and the Elite Rider Grant program should be directed to: openracing[at]crca.net
CRCA & NYSBRA BEAR MOUNTAIN SPRING CLASSIC GRANT PROGRAM
- The top 3 riders in each of the following categories are eligible to participate in the grant program: Men Category 1, Men U23, Women Category 1, Women U23.
- Rankings will be determined based on the USAC ranking system as of April 28, 2012
- For those riders participating in the grant program who are required to travel more than two hours to the race site the grant program provides for a $40 travel stipend.
- If a rider eligible for the grant program declines to participate in the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring Classic presented by I Will Foundation their grant program invitation will roll down to the next highest ranked rider
- Questions on the grant program can be directed to: openracing[at]crca.net
- All reimbursement is contingent on rider participation and will be paid following the event.
Founded in 1898, Century Road Club Association (“CRCA”) is a bicycle racing and development club that provides coaching and competitive events for all ages in the New York Tri-State area. The club is one of the largest bicycle racing clubs in the country and was named “Club of the Year” in 2009 by USA Cycling, the sport’s national organizing body.
The New York State Bicycle Racing Association (herewidth refered to as “NYSBRA”) was formed in 2007 in order to serve the needs of the bicycle racing community in the state of New York. The initial members of NYSBRA who helped to mold and shape NYSBRA into a working entity included Dieter Drake of Cambridge, Jeff Poulin of Endicott, Todd Scheske of Rochester, and Myles Romanow of Southampton.
On March 14, 2008, NYSBRA president Dieter Drake signed an agreement with USA Cycling, the national governing body of the sport of competitive cycling in the United States, that gave NYBRA the right to administer the state of New York on a local level with financial and staff support from USA Cycling. This allows NYSBRA to maintain a statewide racing calendar and be able to serve the needs of the racers in the state, including rider category changes, event permitting, and the staffing of officials.