The monthly meeting of the Board of Directors of the Century Road Club Association was held on December 7, 2009 at 6:45 p.m. at Board member Sonny Bindra’s office at ASI on West 37th Street in Manhattan. Board members Mike Green, Chris Forsyth, Wendy Nickerson and Sonny Bindra were present.
1. A quorum was not established for the meeting.
2. 2010 Board members David Bowen, Cami Kornely, Gabrielle Fisher and Jennifer Saunders were present.
3. The next meeting was set for Tuesday, January 5 at 6:45 p.m. at Sonny Bindra’s office.
4. The Board discussed updates to the website concerning changes in the rules to downgrade and the prohibition of A riders racing in the B field that were approved at the November 2009 meeting.
5. Mike Green discussed updating the website and including a waiver of liability for all renewing members. Mike was going to consult with an attorney concerning the enforceability of an online waiver.
6. The yearly donation to the Central Park Conservancy was discussed and $11,000 was suggested. An online vote for the donation would be sent after the meeting.
7. Mike discussed the New Year’s Day ride and the requirements to have the ride. A USCF permit is not required but all riders would be required to submit a liability waiver and CRCA would cover the $1 cost of insurance paid to the USA Cycling so every rider participating would be covered.
8. The Board discussed the Kissena women’s team and their desire to participate in CRCA races. The Board did not vote on any accommodation. The Board consensus was that Kissena women could register as a subteam and wear Kissena jerseys as long as the jersey design complied with CRCA subteam requirements, including the CRCA logo.
9. Mike Green informed the Board that 2009 Board members Doug Van Bushberger and Greg Ventresca had resigned. An online vote would be sent after the meeting to make 2010 Board members Gabrielle Fisher and Jennifer Saunders Board members immediately to fill the vacant positions.
At approximately 8:00 p.m. the meeting adjourned.
Sonny Bindra, Marshal Director