The CRCA New Year’s Day Ride is on! Start 2017 in the best way possible – by joining your CRCA friends for the annual CRCA New Year’s Day Ride.
Start: Sun Jan 1 / 8:00 AM @ Cat’s Paw Rambles Parking Lot (arrive 5 minutes beforehand – no one wants to wait around in the cold!)
- Over the GWB, to 9W North
- The course detours just South of Nyack where you can either climb up just before entering Nyack, or go through Nyack and use any of the access roads back west to 9W.
- Either way you will climb Rockland Hill and continue on 9W for the rest of the ride
- Up to Bear Mountain/Perkins summit
- Return via the same route, finishing up by turning Left @ 110th St & riding South on Fifth Avenue to 90th St
What you need to know:
- Bring a signed USAC waiver
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Pack your own proper ride nutrition and hydration
- Ensure you have means to deal with flats
Here’s a clip from 2011 made by Harry Zernike to help entice you to join!