The monthly meeting of the Board of Directors of the Century Road Club Association was held on Monday, November 2, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. at Board member Sonny Bindra’s office at ASI on West 37th Street in Manhattan. Board members Mike Green, Chris Forsyth, Wendy Nickerson, Alex Bremer, Reed Albergoti and Sonny Bindra were present.
1. The next meeting was set for Monday, December 7 at 6:45 p.m. at Sonny Bindra’s office.
2. Mike Green informed the Board that all positions for the 2010 Board were filled per the Club’s election that took place in October.
3. The Board discussed the bike training program for juniors that the Central Park Conservancy is interested in developing and ways in which CRCA could participate and assist.
4. Mike Green informed the Board that he would submitting an application for club of the year to USA Cycling and would circulate the application for comment and review to the Board via email shortly.
5. Mike Green informed the Board that Blue Ribbon would be organizing the year end CRCA party.
6. The Board unanimously approved a donation of up to $400 to Staten Island Cross for the cost of officials at the November 29, 2009 race.
7. The Board unanimously approved (i) that there would be no B Boyd award for 2010; (ii) riders downgrading from the A field to the B field would be at the discretion of the VP of Rider Development and (iii) nine (9) riders per subteam is the limit in the A field and if an A field subteam is over the limit in a particular race, an A rider is not permitted to race in the B field.
At approximately 8:00 p.m. the meeting adjourned.
Sonny Bindra, Marshal Director