USA Cycling has revised its methodology for ranking riders nationally. The revised methodology will be applied in 2012 but members can see their current ranking under the new system and the existing system by accessing the ‘Results and Rakings’ tab in “My Account” at www.usacycling.org.
The revised methodology differentiates the points scored at a race based on the quality of the competition and then take the best three results for each member to create a national ranking.
Some notable rankings under the new ranking’s methodology amongst CRCA members (As of September 4th, 2011)
– Fabienne Gerard; #1 Road Race, #2 Criterium and TT in New York State
– Michael Margarite; #2 Road Race in New York State
– Alex Bremmer;#3 Criterium in New York State
– David Taylor; #5 TT in New York State
– James Stevens; #1 Road Race in New York State
– Gavin Robertson; #1 Criterium in New York State
– Kristin Lotito; #1 in Road Race and Criterium in New York State
– Rebecca Hicks; #1 TT in New York State
– Phil Penman; #2 TT in New York State
See results and rankings as you want to see them here.
Read FAQ about the rankings here.