Cyclists’ Proposal. Rendering by Joseph Lertola.
1. Support Resolution 1072-2016: Widening of George Washington Bridge paths.
Ask your Council Member to support Resolution 1072-2016. Co-sponsored by Ydanis Rodriguez, Helen Rosenthal and Costa Constantinides, 1072-2016 calls upon the Port Authority to widen the GWB paths as part of the upcoming recabling. If your Council Member is already in support, thank them! Please share this information with your friends and on social media.
– To find your local Council Member, click here.
– For the text of 1072-2016, click here.
– For an linkable version of this email, click here.
Come take a spin with Meg Guroff, who will be reading from her book, THE MECHANICAL HORSE: How the Bicycle Reshaped American Life, a new lively cultural history on how the bicycle has changed American life in all kinds of surprising ways. With Mark Crispin Miller, author and professor at NYU. McNally Jackson in Soho on June 27 at 7 pm.
3. Hincapie Omnium Jersey.
To the victors, the spoils . . .
Hincapie Sportswear has desgined an awesome jersey for the winners of the Omnium — a worthy addition to every racer’s wardrobe.
They’all also be offering some great primes at both races: caps, jackets, packs and free entry to the Gran Fondo Hincapie in Greenville, SC on October 22nd.
Racers who enter both Maltese and Mengoni will also receive a 20% discount for entry at the Gran Fondo (http://granfondohincapie.com/).
We are less than one week away from the Hincapie Classic in Memory of Lou Maltese — don’t miss out!
Register here for Lou Maltese: https://www.bikereg.com/lou-maltese-memorial.
Here for the Hincapie Grand Prix in Honor of Fred Mengoni: https://www.bikereg.com/crca-mengoni-grand-prix.
RACES & RIDES
1. Hincapie Classic in Memory of Lou Maltese. June 25, 5:30 AM, finishing at Tavern on the Green. Fields and laps as follow: WP1234 (6.7), MP12 (8.7), M3 (7.7), M4 (6.7), M5 & J15-18 (4.7), J9-14 (1.0).
Nothing so far!
Have any announcements or events you would like to make for next week’s post? Please contact communications[at]crca.net.