It is with great regret that CRCA announces the cancellation of the 2012 Bear Mountain Fall Classic because of ongoing uncertainty about whether the roads in the park will be ready for the event. The CRCA Board doesn’t take this decision lightly, but we felt it important to wait to restart the Bear Mountain race series until we had a better expectation that it could happen as planned.

When we first¬†initiated¬†planning for the 2012 Bear Mountain Spring and Fall Classics, the key question was access to the “traditional” course in Harriman State Park, particularly the Tiorati section that has been under construction for the better part of two years. ¬†Unfortunately there is still uncertainty about the readiness of that course, thus leaving us with the prospect of possibly having a second cancellation of the Bear Race, following on our need to cancel the Spring edition of the Bear Mountain Race.

This means another year of not being able to hold the Nancy Morgenstern Fall Classic. As in 2011, we plan to hold an early Fall memorial ride for her on a date still to be determined.