The pavement up Alpine Hill is now a year old and apparently even a year takes a little toll. The winning times today failed to surpass last year’s efforts across most fields despite perfect weather and no wind. Perhaps the air is a little denser in April compared to March…
Although the times were slightly slower, familiar names ended up on top. Bryan Dobes (CRCA/Blue Ribbon-Tranlation.com) repeated his win from last year in the Men’s 1/2 field in a time of 4:45 – 9 second down on his time last year. BrittLee Bowman (CRCA/Stan’s NoTubes p/b EnduranceWerx) won the women’s 1/2/3 field after last year winning the 3/4 field. Her time was 6:03. Jessica Meany (CRCA/Stan’s NoTubes p/b EnduranceWerx) won the Women’s Category 4 with a time of 6:01. Anthony Fatuzzo (CRCA/Velorigin Performance) repeated his win from 2012 in the men’s Category 3 field in a time of 4:45 – 3 seconds slower than last year’s time.
– Greg Olsen (CRCA/ChampSys p/b Stan’s NoTubes) – Master’s 40+: 5:13
– Rob Weitzner (CRCA/Foundation) – Master’s 50+: 5:18
– Svenn Mikalsen (CRCA/Velorigin Performance – Men’s Cat 4: 5:09
– Ryan Seher (CRCA/Empire Tri Club) – Men’s Cat 5: 4:53
– Rod Millott (CRCA/Foundation) – Single Speed: 5:51
Full results are here: